Go back to Main page
Additional jobs promised will not go exclusively to western Sydney residents
· No government guarantee that jobs and material will be Australian sourced.
· Substantial reliance on private corporate funding which will want to make a profit rather than do what’s best for Western Sydney.
· Job figures vary -- 46,000 jobs were proposed by an economic report commissioned by the proponents and since wildly exaggerated higher figures cited. But this assumes Badgerys Creek remains a cow paddock and will never be developed.
· Mascot employs approximately 21,000 but QANTAS has announced mass redundancies.
· How many flights will need to land at Badgerys Creek to support that number of jobs cited in reports?
· The commissioned Deloitte Access Economics report for the NSW Business Chamber claims a maximum of 46,285 jobs for the entire Sydney region which includes direct and indirect jobs – mainly indirect, which will probably never translated into real jobs.
· Ian Watson, a freelance researcher, has written a detailed analysis of Jobs projections at WSA, and found them to be exaggerated. His report is here.
· Ian Watson, in conjunction with the "Jobs for Western Sydney Working Group", has written a document showing how jobs can be created in Western Sydney without building an Airport. His report is here.